Phase I Registration for Summer Freshmen
Wednesday, June 25 - Friday, June 27th
Registration closes on June 27th at 2pm!
Academic Advising During Registration
Please schedule an appointment with your academic advisor. From now until July 1st, here is your academic advisor.
Last names A - L: Shawn Dommer
Last names M - Z: Lindsay Green
Undergraduate Programs Office
All advising takes place in the Scheller Undergraduate Programs Office, Room 322 in the Scheller College of Business. Refer to the schedule below for registration advising times.
Friday, March 28
March 31 - April 4
April 7 - April 11
Express Advising Only
(Monday - Friday only)
Students are invited to walk-in to the office to talk with an advisor for 15 minutes about registration related questions. Appointments are not needed. Monday - Friday only.
Scheller Undergrad Office, Suite 322
9:00am - 12:00pm
1:30 - 4:30pm
Monday, April 14 - Friday, April 18
Express Advising & Scheduled Appointments
Students are invited to walk-in to the office between 9:00am - 12:00pm and 1:30 - 4:30pm to talk with an advisor or schedule an appointment with their assigned academic advisor.
Monday, April 21 - Friday, April 25
Scheduled Appointments Only
Express advising is no longer available in the final week of registration. Students should schedule an appointment with their assigned academic advisor.
Schedule an appointment
Important Registration & Course Information
Time Tickets will be available at 6pm on Friday, March 28 for both Summer and Fall 2014 semesters.
Click here for directions on how to check your time ticket
|Management Elective Course Descriptions For Summer and Fall 2014
Summer 2014 Electives
Fall 2014 Electives
|Internship & Independent Study / Special Problems Forms
All internship and independent study/special problems forms will be due to the Scheller Undergraduate Office by 4pm on Thursday, April 17.
Internship & independent study/special problem forms
|Course Restrictions - MGT Major Restrictions / MGT 4195 / MGT 4067 / T&M
- MGT Major Restrictions - The major restrictions on most MGT courses will be removed on Monday, April 21 at 9:00 am.
- MGT 4195
- Summer sections: During phase I, MGT 4195 is only available to graduating seniors who have applied for Summer graduation.
- Fall sections: During phase I, MGT 4195 is only available to graduating seniors who have applied for Fall graduation.
- All permit restrictions will be removed in Phase II of registration. At that time, any business senior who has satisfied the pre-requisite requirements will be eligible to register IF seats are available.
- MGT 4067 (No summer sections offered)
- Monday, March 31 - Available to Scheller seniors only (90+ hour)
- Monday, April 7 at 9:00 - Open to Scheller juniors and seniors (60+hours).
- Monday, April 14 at 9:00 am - open to all Scheller students.
- In phase II of Fall registration, MGT 4067 will be open to all eligible GT students.
- Technology and Management Program Courses
- MGT 3000 and MGT 3078 have sections reserved for students accepted into the minor program. These course sections will be labeled TM or TM1 or TM2. Any course designated TM will remain restricted during all of registration. Permits and overloads will not be granted into these courses for any students outside of the Technology and Management Program.
- MGT 3743 and MGT 3744 are reserved for students accepted into the minor program. Permits and overloads will not be granted into these courses for any students outside of the Technology and Management Program.
|Registration Checklist for Business Majors
Use this checklist of make sure you are ready for registration.
- Time Ticket - Know your time ticket and register exactly when your time ticket opens.
- Fill out your credit sheet - Check for pre-requisites for any courses you are considering taking.
- Schedule all pre-requisites accordingly. Schelller does not waive pre-requisite requirements.
- Read the MGT Elective Preview (linked at the top of this page) to learn more about courses prior to registering.
- Review the BSBA concentration requirements.
- Review the MGT certificate requirements (if pursuing a certificate).
- Come in for advising during registration. Check the Registration Advising Schedule outlined above.
- Check the online Official School Calendary for important dates each term.
|Declare your Concentration
- Login to Buzzport
- OSCAR / Registration
- Student Services & Financial Aid
- Student Records
- Change Program of Study – Change your Concentration.
- Select your desired concentration and click “Submit Changes.”
|Registration Errors / Issues
- Duplicate Error Override: If you try to regsiter for two MGT 4803 (Special Topics) classes, you will receive a duplicate error message. To avoid this error, request a duplicate course override by emailing your advisor.
- Include: Name, GTID, CRN#'s for the two MGT 4803 courses
- Permits: (Each academic department at GT controls its own classes.)
- Overloads: (Each academic department at GT controls its own classes.)
|Tips from Academic Advisors
- Take a MGT section of LCC 3403 during your sophomore year.
- While we strongly encourage you to take a MGT section of LCC 3403, any section of the course will satisfy the requirement.
- Take MGT 3599 (Career Development) as soon as you earn 60 hours.
- Plan to take concentration (or MGT electives if BSM) during fall and spring semesters only. Allow at least 3 semesters to complete concentration requirements.
- Plan to take MGT 4195 during your last semester. Pre-reqs must be completed prior to last semester (MGT 3062, MGT 3300, MGT 3101 and MGT 3501).
- Only free electives can be taken pass/fail. All other degree requirements MUST be taken for a letter grade.
- Transfer Credit/Courses: The last 36 hours of degree requirements must be taken at Georgia Tech. (This is a Georgia Tech policy.) Talk to your advisor is you are planning on taking courses at an institution other than Georgia Tech.