These questions and answers are compiled from the most common inquiries we receive about the Georgia Tech Lean Six Sigma programs. Please review them and contact or call us at 404-894-8700 if your question has not been addressed.
|Lean Six Sigma Program Information|
- Can I take Lean Six Sigma courses online?
- No, all Georgia Tech Lean Six Sigma classes are in-classroom.
- Do I have to complete a project to get certified?
- Yes, a satisfactory project must be completed before you will receive either your Lean Green Belt or Lean Black Belt certificate.
- Is there a deadline to complete my project?
- All certificate requirements (courses and project work) must be completed within a six year timeframe. Once your project is complete, it will be evaluated for your certification.
- What if I already have my Lean Green Belt? Do I need to take it again?
- Your previous Lean Green Belt Certification may qualify you to move on to Lean Black Belt. The Applied Statistics course is still required. Please contact to get further approval.
- I would like to earn my Lean Black Belt Certificate. Do I have to take Applied Statistics?
- Yes, Applied Statistics is a prerequisite for Lean Black Belt and everyone is required to take Applied Statistics in order to move on to Lean Black Belt.
- If I know that I want to earn my Lean Black Belt certificate, do I have to complete a project and get certified at the Lean Green Belt level before I can move on to Lean Black Belt?
No, you do not have to complete a project at the Lean Green Belt level if you intend to earn your Lean Black Belt certificate.
You are required to complete Lean Green Belt before you can take Applied Statistics and Lean Black Belt. You will not become “certified” for Lean Green Belt or Lean Black Belt until you satisfactorily complete a project for that level.
Your Lean Black Belt project can be a continuation of your Lean Green Belt project.
- What should I bring with me to class?
- You will need a laptop with Excel. We will provide binders, pens and all necessary course materials. We do ask that you please silence mobile devices during class.
- Will food be provided?
Yes, Georgia Tech will provide a light continental breakfast with various baked goods, fruit, one featured hot item, coffee and juice.
Lunch and an all-day snack and beverage service will also be provided during the program.
- Do you offer student loans/financing?
- Information on how to obtain a private student loan is available on the Georgia Tech Financial Aid web site (www.finaid.gatech.edu/loans/lender_selection).
- Do you offer discounts?
- Yes, we do offer a few discounts. Please note that only one discount may be applied to any course.
- 10% discount when you register and pay for all three Lean Six Sigma courses at the same time. The courses must be taken within a 12 month period.
- 10% discount for employees of non-profit organizations.
- 10% discount for a company registering 3 - 6 people for the same course.
- 15% discount for a company registering 7 or more people for the same course.
- 15% discount for GT alumni.
- Do you accept VA Benefits?
We do not accept VA benefits at this time.
- Where will class be held?
- Classes are held at the Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business, 800 West Peachtree Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30308. You will be sent an email with more detailed directions prior to the first day of class.
- Where should I park?
- As a registered student in the Lean Six Sigma program, you will receive one voucher for each day of class for the Georgia Tech parking deck that is adjacent to the Georgia Tech Hotel. The address for this parking deck is 770 Spring St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30308.
- I will be flying to Atlanta for the Lean Six Sigma program. Should I rent a car?
Some students choose to rent a car and others take MARTA (light rail) from the airport. A MARTA station is within one block of Georiga Tech's Scheller College, where all Lean Six Sigma classes are held.
There are several hotels within walking distance to the Scheller College of Business, and there are ample restaurants in the immediate vicinity.
- What hotels are nearby?
There are many hotels near the Scheller College of Business.
The following hotels are in walking distance and recommended by past students:
The Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center
Renaissance Midtown Atlanta
The Regency Hotel