Scheller College of Business Advisors
Undergraduate Programs Office
Suite 322 in the College of Business Building in Technology Square
Main office: 404-894-2605
Academic advising is an integral part of creating an academic plan that incorporates appropriate certificates, minors internships/co-ops, study abroad programs and research that will make students marketable for top jobs and graduate schools. Students are expected to meet with their advisor at least once per year to ensure they're on track for graduation and understand the numerous options and resources available at the College of Business and Georgia Tech.
|Student Last Name||Advisor||Email Address||Phone Number|
|A - Han||Shawn Dommer||404-894-3836|
|Hao - P||Kristen Norris||404-894-8809|
|Q - Z||Lindsay Green||404-385-7537|
What students can expect from Scheller CoB advisors:
- Individual attention
- Accurate knowledge of the BSBA degree requirements
- Suggestions for class selection and the academic plan
- Assistance in starting the internship and career search
- Information about campus and CoB resources
- Response to your emails within 48 hours
- Encouragement and mentoring during your time as a business student
What Scheller CoB advisors expect of their advisees:
- Introduce yourself to your advisor as soon as possible.
- Make an appointment at least once each semester, year or whenever you have questions.
- Be aggressive about your education, taking advantage of campus and CoB resources, student clubs and events.
- Prepare for and keep appointments with your advisor.
- Establish and follow academic plans.
- Check-in with your advisor before changing your academic plan.
- Respect your advisor's availability and time limitations.
- Follow-up on connections and appointments your advisor helps you establish.
- Attend and participate in class.
- Be patient and do not send your request for information emails to several different staff members. Your advisor will answer emails as soon as she finds the information you requested.