- How do I get to the Scheller College of Business?
- View detailed directions and parking.
- How do I get from the airport to the Scheller College?
Many visitors take MARTA (light rail) from the airport. There are two MARTA stations (North Avenue and Midtown) within blocks of the College and there are a variety of hotels and restuarants in the immediate vicinity.
There are many other options for traveling to and from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport to Midtown Atlanta.
- Are there hotels near campus?
Yes. There are many hotels to choose from near the College of Business and the Georgia Tech campus. Here are several options:(ask for Georgia Tech rates)
Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center (across the street from Scheller College of Business)
800 Spring Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30308
Reservations: 404-347-9440; 800-706-2899
This full service hotel located on the Georgia Tech campus, offers restaurant, bar and room service seven days a week as well as numerous restaurant options just steps away. The hotel also features free wireless internet, fitness center (including indoor pool) and FREE transportation on the Tech Trolley that stops right in front of the hotel. Remember to take your picture with the Ramblin Wreck on display in the lobby!
Ask for the Georgia Tech rate!
Hilton Garden Inn/Homewood Suites (0.5 miles from Scheller College of Business)
97 10th Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30309
Regency Suites Hotel (.3 miles from the Scheller College of Business)
975 West Peachtree St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30309
Renaissance Atlanta Hotel Downtown (.1 mile walk from Scheller College of Business)
866 West Peachtree Street NW Atlanta, GA 30308
Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown / Historic (.5 miles from Scheller College of Business)
1041 West Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309
- Tell me more about Atlanta!
- Learn more about Atlanta.
- Who is my academic advisor and how often should I see him or her?
The Scheller College of Business has academic advisors on staff to assist you in your academic and career pursuits. To find out who your advisor is, click here. Students are strongly encouraged to meet with an advisor at least once per year. In addition, you may meet with your advisor whenever:
- You do not know how to find help for a particular situation
- You want assistance planning courses prior to registration
- You want to discuss any problems which affect your academic performance, including your academic progress or your personal issues
- You are concerned about your study skills, are having difficulties in your coursework, or are on academic probation or in jeopardy of dismissal
- You need interpretation of Georgia Tech policies and procedures
- You think you are AT LEAST a semester away from graduation
- You want to discuss how internships/co-ops, research with faculty, study abroad, and other opportunities will fit into your academic plan
- How do I make an appointment with my advisor?
- You may schedule an appointment with your advisor online by visiting www.advising.gatech.edu. During registration, no appointment is needed as walk-in advising is offered. Please read our registration related e-mails and check our website here for specific dates and times regarding walk-in advising.
- What can I expect during a visit with my advisor? Should I bring anything?
- You should bring either a completed BSBA credit sheet or a BSM credit sheet to all advisement meetings. Also, it helps to develop a list of topics and questions you want to discuss and bring it with you. Meetings typically last about 30 minutes, depending on your goals for the meeting. For more on what to expect from your advisor and what your advisor expects from you, click here.
- How can I get an overload or permit for a class?
Overloads: There are NO OVERLOADS in management classes. MGT majors should schedule your MGT classes as soon as your time ticket opens. MGT faculty cannot overload students into classes.
Permits: Information on permits for management and non-management classes may be found here.
- How do I know what management electives are being offered next term?
Management/concentration elective course descriptions are posted on our website each semester prior to phase I of registration. They will be updated each term and posted here.
Note: MGT/concentration electives are not typically offered during Summer terms.
- What certificates do you offer and when are the certificate declaration forms due?
The Scheller College of Business offers eight different certificates for management and non-management students. Information and application forms for each certificate can be found here.
Applications for certificates are due two weeks before your graduation day. Early applications will not be accepted. Apply for your certificate online at http://scheller.gatech.edu/programs/under/current/certificate_form.html.
- When do I apply to graduate?
- You must apply to graduate the semester before your graduating term. You will receive emails from your advisor when the window to apply for graduation is open. Please note that there is a process for the Scheller College of Business and a process for the registrar's office, so you must make sure you complete both steps. For specific information on Scheller College of Business graduation processes, click here.
- How do I change/add a major?
- For information on changing/adding a major and a link to the change of major form, please click here.
- How do I find out if my credit from another school transfers to Georgia Tech?
- You may check to see if your credit transfers to Georgia Tech by entering it into the registrar's transfer equivalency table, located here.
- I'm a current BSM student and I'm thinking of switching to the BSBA. Where can I find information about it?
- Information on the BSBA degree requirements, concentrations, BSBA policies, and information on how to switch to the BSBA is located at http://scheller.gatech.edu/programs/under/current/bsba_info.html.
- How do I submit a petition to the faculty?
- Information on submitting a petition to the faculty can be found here. Completed petition forms must first be submitted to the Scheller College of Business Undergraduate Programs Office (room 322). After review by our office, they are sent to the Registrar's Office for final decision. It is advised that students speak with a Scheller College of Business academic advisor before submitting the petition to ensure petition is completed correctly.
- What is the grade substitution policy and am I eligible?
- There are strict policies on grade substitution. Please click here for the full policy.
- When is the deadline for dropping a class, reapplying, withdrawing completely, etc.?
- For information on school deadlines, visit the registrar's official school calendar.
- Where do I find out about study/work abroad and the International Plan?
- Learn about study abroad, work abroad, and International Plan options for MGT students by clicking here.
- How do I reapply to Georgia Tech?
A student who for any reason has remained out of school for two or more consecutive terms must reapply for admission.
If you are reapplying to Georgia Tech after a leave of absence and you have a status of good standing, warning, or probation, you must reapply through the Registrar's Office. Information and forms are located here.
If you are reapplying to Georgia Tech after academic dismissal/drop and wish to be enrolled as a management student, information on our readmissions process can be found here.
- How do I apply to the Scheller College of Business as a freshman or transfer student?
- Freshmen and transfer student admission to the Scheller College of Business is overseen by the Georgia Tech Office of Undergraduate Admissions. For information on how to apply, visit the admissions office site here.
- Where is the Undergraduate Programs Office in the Scheller College of Business located?
- We are located in Suite 322 on the 3rd floor of the Scheller College of Business building in Technology Square. For directions to the building, click here.
- Where is the lost and found in the Scheller College of Business?
- Lost and found is located in the Dean's Office, Suite 325 in the Scheller College of Business building. The Dean's Office is directly next to the Undergraduate Office.
- As an Engineering and Technology minor, can I use any of my E&M minor classes towards fulfilling the requirements for any other minor or certificate at Georgia Tech?
- No. It's Georgia Tech policy that students may not use courses toward one minor to fulfill requirements for any other minor or certificate at Georgia Tech, including MGT certificates.
- As an Engineering and Technology minor, can I use any of my E&M minor courses towards fulfilling a concentration in the Scheller College of Business? (BSBA students only)
- Yes. College of Business students pursuing the E&M minor may use up to two E&M courses towards MGT concentrations (but not toward certificates), as long as the E&M course appears within the list of courses eligible for the concentration. When applying the E&M courses to MGT concentrations, the courses may be used only once. For instance, althougg MGT 3744 (an E&M class) is listed under at least three different MGT concentrations, students can only apply it to one concentration. E&M minor classes cannot be used to fulfill requirements for any other certificate or minor at Tech, including MGT certificates.
- I'm going to continue to be a BS Management student. Can I still use two of my E&M courses (up to six credits) towards my Management electives?
- Yes. Since BSM students do not need to complete a concentration (and instead must complete 18 credits of any MGT elective), they can use ME 3743 and ME 3744 from the E&M minor towards their 18 credits of MGT electives. Any remaining E&M classes may be used to fulfill the BSM non-MGT elective area (only the non-MGT E&M courses) or the free elective area.