Summer and Fall 2013 Graduation Procedures
(Must be completed by Friday, February 15 to be eligible to graduate summer or fall 2013)
The Scheller College of Business requires all graduates to complete the Graduating Student Questionnaire. Completing the questionnaire will take between 30 - 45 minutes. However, while completing the questionnaire you will complete and submit ALL of the different steps and processes required to graduate including those required by the Registrar's Office.
While completing the Scheller College of Business Graduating Student Questionnaire, you will be directed to and complete the following items:
- Make sure your degree is accurately displayed in DegreeWorks.
- Complete the GT Online Application for Graduation
- Complete the official GT Exit Survey
- Provide the Scheller College of Business with relevant career data and post graduation plans
- Indicate if you are completing a minor or certificate and learn about the required paper work that must be submitted with your graduation application to the CoB
- Declare your BSBA concentration through OSCAR and make sure it is accurately displayed in DegreeWorks
Completing the Scheller College of Business Graduating Student Questionnaire notifies your business academic advisor that you plan to graduate and begins the evaluation process of your remaining courses. Upon recieving your Graduating Student Questionnaire, your academic advisor will use the information you provided to evaluate your degree. The evaluation includes confirming your application was properly submitted and received, determining your courses are appropriately outlined in DegreeWorks, and outlining your remaining courses to graduate.
Final Schedule Contract
Within 3 - 4
weeks from the date of submitting the Graduating Student Questionnaire, you will receive an email indicating
your final schedule contract is ready. Your final schedule contract outlines the exact courses you have remaining to graduate. Upon receiving notification that you final schedule contract is ready, you must come to
the Scheller Undergraduate Program Office to sign your Final Schedule
Important Dates / Deadlines
- Thursday, January 17: Summer 2013 Online Application for Graduation Opens (1st time applicants only)
- Friday, February 15:
- Summer 2013 Online Application for Graduation FREE window CLOSES
- Scheller College of Business Graduating Student Questionnaire DUE
- Saturday, February 16 - Thursday, February 28: Summer 2013 Online Application for Graduation LATE fee window open ($50)
- Wednesday, May 1 - Monday, May 20: Summer 2013 Re-Apply Online Application for Graduation available (for students who previously applied to graduate)
Additional Information and Resources
Certificates are optional and not required. Remaining certificate
requirements are not included in your final schedule contract.
Certificates are mailed to you after graduation. If you are pursuing a
business certificate, you need to complete the certificate application
two weeks prior to commencement during the semester you have applied to
graduate. (Applications are located at the bottom of the individual
certificate requirements page.) Early applications are not accepted.
|If you participated in (and plan to complete) the co-op program, please
indicate your participation on the CoB Graduating Student Questionnaire
(Step 1). The Scheller CoB Undergraduate Program Office will work with
the co-op office to confirm completion and notify the Registrar’s
|As outlined in the GT Catalog Rules and Regulations (XIII.B), the last 36 hours of degree requirements must be earned in residence at Georgia Tech.
|The maximum number of
Pass/Fail hours permitted in an undergraduate program of study depends upon the
number of semester credit hours that you will complete at Georgia Tech. See
catalog to understand your pass/fail credit limits. All
courses for certificates and minors must be taken on a letter grade basis. If you
have questions about this, contact your academic advisor. Please note
there are Institute policies regarding pass/fail. If you are considering
taking a free elective course pass/fail, please review the policy at: http://www.catalog.gatech.edu/genregulations/passfail.php.
Contact your CoB Academic Advisor!