Application for Graduation Deadlines:
**The deadline to submit spring 2012, summer 2012, and fall 2012 degree petitions has passed. If you did not complete the steps below but were planning to graduate in one of these semesters, please contact your CoM Advisor immediately**
Spring 2012 graduates: the spring 2012 graduation application deadline has passed and no additional spring applications can be accepted.
Summer 2012 graduates: You need to complete all the following steps by Wednesday, February 15 to be eligible to graduate in summer 2012. The online GT Application for Graduation (step 4) is now open and will remain open until February 15.
Fall 2012 graduates: You need to complete ALL of the following steps EXCEPT step 4 by Wednesday, February 15. Step 4 is the GT online application for graduation, and this will not open to fall graduates until late May (you will receive an email from your advisor with deadlines and instructions in May). However, our deadline is earlier than this deadline because we need time to review more than 200 fall graduation applications, and so you will know exactly what courses you will need by fall registration (in April). The online GT Application for Graduation (step 4 below) does not open until May, but you must finish the other steps by February 15.
Application for Graduation Process:
Complete all these steps (in order) by the deadlines listed above:
Step 1 (both summer and fall): Complete the Management Graduating Student Questionnaire at: http://mgt.gatech.edu/programs/under/current/degree_petition_form.html. The graduation application cannot be accepted without completion of this questionnaire.
Step 2 (both summer and fall): Change your major to Business Administration (if applicable): If you are currently a BS Management student and plan to change to the new BS Business Administration (BSBA) major, you MUST attend a change of major meeting to sign a change of major form before you submit your graduation application for the BSBA degree. See BSBA info and change of major meeting information at: http://mgt.gatech.edu/programs/under/current/bsba_info.html
Step 3 (both summer and fall): If BSBA, declare your concentration: If you are BS Business Administration log into OSCAR and make sure your correct concentration is declared. Here's how:
- Once in OSCAR go to >Student Services & Financial Aid > Student Records> Change Program of Study. That will take you to a screen titled “Change your Concentration.”
- Listed on this screen will be your current major. Beside each major is a button that allows you to select the program for which you would like to add, update, or remove a concentration.
- Once selected, click the “Select Program” button to proceed. The next screen will allow you to choose your concentration from a drop down list.
- Select your desired concentration and click “Submit Changes.” To remove a concentration that has previously been attached to the program of study, select “None” from the drop-down list and click “Submit Changes.” The next screen will show a confirmation of the changes that were made.
- Click “Done” and you will return to the main screen displaying your current program(s) of study.
Step 4 (fall 2012 reactivations ONLY at this time): Complete the Georgia Tech Online Application for Graduation, which opens on August 1
- In OSCAR go to Student Services>Student Records>Apply to Graduate. This option will be activated from January 17-February 15 for Summer 2012 graduates. If you are graduating in Fall 2012, you must complete this application in May (email reminders to come), but still complete all other steps by February 15. If you have applied to graduate in a previous semester but want to graduate in fall 2012, you must reactivate by completing step 4 August 1 - September 15.
- The first screen you will see is the Curriculum Selection screen. This displays your official major and minor (if applicable) on record with the Office of the Registrar. If your major is incorrect, STOP. The name of the major must be correct before you move forward with your application.
- If you are a BS Management student but want to be BS Business Administration, you must attend a change of major meeting before submitting your petition. See upcoming change of major meetings at: http://mgt.gatech.edu/programs/under/prospective/change_major.html. If you already attended a change of major meeting to switch to BSBA and your degree name is still BSM, please contact your CoM academic advisor immediately so she can inform the registrar about the approved change.
- If you have previously submitted the paperwork to officially declare your minor but it does not appear on this screen, STOP. Contact the GT Degree Certification Office (email@example.com or 404-894-4150) immediately for assistance because the minor you are applying for must be listed on this screen to move forward with your graduation application. If you have never submitted the paperwork to declare your minor, you must complete and submit it to the CoM UG Program Office before continuing with your application: http://registrar.gatech.edu/docs/pdf/MINORCHANGE.pdf. The department offering the minor must sign the form.
- If your major and minor (if applicable) are correct, then you must select the radio button for the major which you’d like to apply to graduate. If you have more than one major displayed (for students that have two majors), please select the CoM major. You will have to go through the process again for your second major.
- Next, select the fall 2012 graduation term in the drop down that will appear.
- At the next screen, please request any changes to your first or middle names to appear on your diploma. NOTE: all requests will be reviewed by the Office of the Registrar, and are subject to approval. If you would like to change your last name, or make more significant changes to your diploma name, please contact the Office of the Registrar. Restrictions apply.
- Confirm which address you would like to use as your diploma mailing address.
- Next, please review the summary of your application before clicking on “Submit Request.”
- At the confirmation screen, you will be redirected to an Exit Survey sponsored by the GT Office of Assessment. Please complete the Exit Survey to complete your application. We need this survey from all students.
- Once you have applied to graduate, you will be able to view your Application and Graduation status in DegreeWorks (http://degreeworks.gatech.edu/) beginning the following day. You will see both statuses near the top of your degree audit, under the section entitled “Student View.” Upon applying you will be given an Application Status of “Active” and a Graduation Status of “Received, Pending Evaluation.” Please check your status throughout the semester, and work with your CoM advisor to resolve any deficiencies in a timely manner.
STEP 4A: Reactivating a past degree petition
If you have ever submitted a degree petition for a prior semester, you will be reactivating your past degree petition for fall 2012. (If you are unsure if you have submitted a degree petition in the past, please email you advisor.)
A new GT Online Application for Graduation will re-open for all students reactivating a past degree petition on August 1. .
Step 5 (both summer and fall): Complete, print out and deliver the following documents (if they apply to you) to the CoM Undergraduate Program Office, CoM suite 322 by February 15.
- Minor Program of Study and Declaration Forms: If you are completing a minor, you need to submit two forms. First, submit the completed “Approved Program of Study for Undergraduate Minors" form to the CoM UG Program Office by February 15: http://www.catalog.gatech.edu/academics/minors.php. You will need to see the minor department for their signatures prior to submitting the form to the CoM UG Office. This form is different than the form you submitted originally to declare your minor. If you did not submit the minor declaration form previously, you must do so. You can see if you have officially declared your minor by checking Degreeworks. If your minor is not listed, you must submit a declaration form in addition to the program of study form. The minor declaration form can be found at registrar.gatech.edu/students/formlanding/changeminor.php.
- International Plan form: If you are pursuing the International Plan, you will need to meet with the International Plan advisor and complete the “IP Degree Designation” form and submit it to the UG Program Office by February 15. Set up an appointment with an advisor in the International Plan office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Download the “IP Degree Designation” form and bring it to the IP meeting:http://www.internationalplan.gatech.edu /forms/
Step 6 (both summer and fall): Sign the Final Schedule Contract: After you submit all the forms and applications listed above, your CoM academic advisor will review your submission for errors, you will receive an email that you must come to the CoM UG Program Office to sign your Final Schedule Contract. This document, created by your advisor, outlines the exact courses you need to graduate. After signing the Final Schedule Contract, your application for graduation process is finished. You just need to finish all the classes your advisor outlined on your Final Schedule Contract.
Other important notes:
- Second Majors: If you have completed a second major with another department on campus, you must meet with that department to complete a second degree petition or graduation application. Check with that department to find out its graduation application deadlines. That deadline might be earlier than the Management deadline.
- Certificates: Certificate forms are available from the specific college or school in which you completed the certificate. Certificate forms DO NOT go to the registrar, but need to be signed by and submitted to the department granting the certificate. Certificates are mailed to you after graduation.
The online application for certificates can be found online at http://mgt.gatech.edu/programs/under/current/cert/index.html. (Select the certificate you are pursuing. The online application will be at the bottom of the page.)
Online applications for certificates should be submitted four weeks prior to Summer 2012 commencement. Early applications will not be accepted.
Contact your CoM advisor.
Student last names A-Han: email@example.com
Student last names Hao-P: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student last names Q-Z: email@example.com