College of Management Faculty Members Receive Numerous Honors
Naresh Malhotra, Regents' professor emeritus of marketing, was recently named a Marketing Legend.
Widely recognized for excellence in teaching and research, faculty members of Georgia Tech College of Management continue to raise the business school's profile through their professional activities and honors. In recent months:
- Naresh Malhotra, Regents' professor emeritus of marketing, was named a Marketing Legend, a distinction jointly awarded by the Sheth Foundation and Academy of Marketing Science. The award is based on a lifetime of contribution in advancing the discipline of marketing. As part of this distinction, 116 of Malhotra's refereed journal articles will be published in nine volumes by Sage Publications.
- Marius Florin Niculescu, assistant professor of IT management, and DJ Wu, associate professor of IT management, received a $10,000 grant from the Kauffman Foundation and GRA for a proposal titled "Freemium: A Model of Innovation Diffusion.
- Beril Toktay, associate professor of operations management, was appointed associate editor of the journal Management Science. She currently serves as associate editor at four other journals.
- Wade Chumney, assistant professor of law and ethics, was named vice president of the Southeastern Academy of Legal Studies in Business.
- Vikram Nanda, professor of finance, won a $10,000 research award from the Q-Group for "On Tournament Behavior in Hedge Funds: High Water Marks, Managerial Horizon, and the Backfilling Bias."
- Mark Ferguson was selected by the College of Management to be the 2010 Hesburgh Award Teaching Fellow through the Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning at Georgia Tech. He also won "Best Technical Presentation" at the 49th Annual Meeting of the Airline Group of the International Federation of Operational Research Societies.
- Chris Forman, associate professor of IT amangement, won the award for Best Associate Editor from the Journal Information Systems Research.
- Cheryl Gaimon won the Distinguished Service Award from the Technology Management Section of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS).
Director of Communications
Assistant Director of Communications
© 2012 Georgia Institute of Technology