College of Management Faculty Members Receive Numerous Honors
Published on:12-18-2008Widely recognized for excellence in teaching and research, faculty members of Georgia Tech College of Management continue to raise the business school's profile through their professional activities and honors. During fall 2008:
- Marketing professor Ajay Kohli became editor of the prestigious Journal of Marketing.
- Nathan Bennett, professor of organizational behavior, was appointed to the editorial boards of the Academy of Management Journal and Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Lucien Dhooge, professor of business law and ethics, became president-elect of the Academy of Legal Studies in Business.
- Francis Ulgado, associate professor of marketing, won the annual Best Paper Award given and published by Seoul National University, the top school in South Korea, for his journal article, "The Effects of Cultural Familiarity and Value Similarity on Benevolence in the Export-import Relationship,” published in the Seoul Journal of Business.
- Naresh Malhotra, Regents professor of marketing, was ranked number one based on publications in the International Marketing Review from 1996 to 2006, according to a study published in Asia Pacific Journal of Management.
- Qinghai Wang, assistant professor of finance, won an Outstanding Paper Award in the 2008 NTU International Conference on Finance in Taipei, Taiwan, for “Shareholder Voting Rights and Mutual Fund Trading in Takeovers.”
- Frank Rothaermel, associate professor of strategic management, was appointed to the editorial board of the journal Strategic Organization, the leading academic journal in the intersection of organizational theory and strategic management.
- John McIntyre, professor of strategic management, received the Twenty Years Award as founding faculty advisor for Georgia Tech’s Association of International Students in Business and Economics. He also published the Globalization of Chinese Enterprises (Palgrave Macmillan) and served as guest editor of a special issue of the International Journal of Chinese Culture and Management on “The Globalization of Chinese Brands.”
- Richard Teach, professor emeritus of marketing, was elected president of the Association for Business Simulation and Experiential Exercises for 2008-2009. He was also named associate editor of the publication Simulation and Games.
- Beril Toktay, associate professor of operations management, was appointed associate editor the journal Operations Research.
- Jeffrey Hales, assistant professor of accounting, was appointed to the editorial advisory and review board of the journal The Accounting Review.
- Sundaresan Jayaraman, professor of polymer, textile and fiber engineering who holds a joint appointment in the College of Management, was appointed to the Board on Manufacturing and Engineering Desing of the National Academies.
Director of Communications
Assistant Director of Communications
© 2012 Georgia Institute of Technology