Associate operations management professor Mark Ferguson won the Wickham Skinner Best Unpublished Paper Prize.
Widely renowned for their research and teaching, College of Management professors continue to earn prestigious honors, grants, and editorial positions.
In recent faculty news:
• Naresh Malhotra, Regents' professor of marketing, was recognized at the 2008 Annual Conference of the Academy of Marketing Science in the presentation of a study examining scholarly activity over the past 25 years in four top marketing journals: Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Marketing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, and the Journal of Consumer Research.
Malhotra is the researcher with the third most papers published in all four journals during those years. He is ranked first for the most papers in the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science and third for the most papers in the Journal of Marketing Research during that period.
• Cheryl Gaimon, Regents' professor of operations management, received the Distinguished Fellow Award from the College of Production Innovation and Technology Management at the Production and Operations Management Society's 2008 annual meeting. She also became president of the Production and Operations Management Society this year.
• Mark Ferguson, associate professor of operations management, won the Wickham Skinner Best Unpublished Paper Prize at the Production and Operations Management Society's 2008 annual meeting for the study "Multi-period Remanufacturing Planning with Uncertain Quality of Inputs."
• Eugene Comiskey, professor of accounting, won Georgia Tech's Class of 1940 W. Roane Beard Outstanding Teacher Award.
• Assistant marketing professor Koert van Ittersum, marketing science professor emeritus Leonard Persons, and PhD student Muge Capar won a $227,000 grant from Deere & Company to study market acceptance of new technologies.
• Ingrid Fulmer, assistant professor of organizational behavior, was named to the editorial board of the Academy of Management Review.
• Christina Shalley, professor of organizational behavior, is co-editor of the new Handbook of Organizational Creativity (Psychology Press). She was also named to the editorial boards of the Academy of Management Review, Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, and Journal of Management.
• Stelios Kavadias, associate professor of operations management, became a senior editor for the Production and Operations Management journal's departments of "Management of Technology" and "New Product Development, R&D, and Project Management."
• Chris Forman, assistant professor of IT management, was named associate editor of the journal Management Science.
Director of Communications
Assistant Director of Communications