Georgia Tech College of Management recently recruited numerous chief information officers at leading companies to serve on the business school's new Information Technology Management Advisory Board.
This Advisory Board, the first dedicated to a specific academic area within the College, is designed to expand corporate involvement in the school's IT Management programs for undergraduate, graduate, and executive students, as well as increase research collaborations with faculty.
"Curriculum input from the Advisory Board will help us ensure that our school continues to meet the needs of companies," says Saby Mitra, associate professor and area coordinator of IT Management at the College. "Board members will participate in practicum classes that give our students opportunities to find management solutions to real-world IT projects. Board connections can also help our students find great jobs and internships and will help our faculty do valuable and relevant research."
The IT Management Advisory Board, which first met July 10, will convene twice a year. Its 20 members include:
• Senior Vice President and CIO - The Coca-Cola Company
• CIO - Chick-fil-A
• Managing Director and CIO - Randstad
• CIO - Porsche Cars North America
• Senior Vice President and CTO - Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
Israel del Rio
• Senior Vice President and CTO - InterContinental Hotels Group
• CIO - Travel, Inc.
• Group Vice President of Operations and CIO - EarthLink
• Senior Vice President and CIO - AGL Resources
• Vice President and CIO - Cox Enterprises
• Associate Vice Provost and CIO - Georgia Institute of Technology
• BIS Vice President, Global Support - Coca-Cola Enterprises
• Executive Vice President, COO and CIO - CheckFree
• Senior Vice President and CIO - Worldspan
• CIO - Centers for Disease Control
• Executive Vice President and CIO - The Weather Channel
• Vice President and CIO - Rock-Tenn Company
• CTO and CIO - Turner Broadcasting
• Senior Vice President and CIO - Beazer Homes
• Vice President and CIO - Scientific Atlanta
IT Management Webpage
Director of Communications
Assistant Director of Communications