Titled "Technology and Innovation Management - The Emerging Frontier in Management Education," the workshop will feature informative presentations in the Neal Auditorium of the Management building (800 West Peachtree St.) as well as meaningful breakout sessions and networking opportunities.
Georgia Tech President G. Wayne Clough will deliver the opening address, titled "Innovate America - Thriving in a World of Challenge and Change." Keynote speaker Marie Thursby, a Georgia Tech professor of strategic management who holds the Hal and John Smith Chair in Entrepreneurship, will discuss the TI:GER (Technology Innovation: Generating Economic Results) program, of which she is executive director.
Other presentations include:
• "The State of Technology Management Education"
• "What We Need: Industry Perspectives on Innovation and Technology Management Education
• "Innovations in TM Education Programs"
• "Improving the Marketing of Technology Management Programs: A Dialog between Providers and Customers"
• "The Globalization of Technology Management Education - The View from Europe; South, Southeast and East Asia; and Mexico/Central and Latin America"
TMEDA is an organization of technology management professionals from academia and industry with the purpose of exchanging ideas to enhance education in the technology management field.
To register for the event, visit http://www.tmeda.org/events/events.php. For more information, contact Dennis Nagao, faculty director of the Executive Master of Science in Management of Technology Program at Georgia Tech, at 404-385-0101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.