Georgia Tech College of Management students recently took time to honor their peers and faculty members for their dedication and excellence.
Full-time MBA students voted Ravi Subramanian, associate professor of operations management, as Outstanding Core Professor, and Nathan Bennett, professor of organizational behavior, as Outstanding Elective Professor.
Evening MBA students awarded Deborah Turner, the A.J. and Lynne Land associate professor of accounting, the Outstanding Core Professor honor. Two professors tied for Evening students' choice for Outstanding Elective Professor: Christina Shalley, the Thomas R. Williams-Wachovia/ADVANCE professor of organizational behavior, and Koert van Ittersum, associate professor of marketing.
Deborah Turner also won the Outstanding Professor of the Year honor voted on by Global Executive MBA students. Their peers in the Executive MBA in Management of Technology Program voted a three-way tie for the Outstanding Professor honor: Turner; Narayanan Jayaraman, professor of finance; and Stelios Kavadias, associate professor of operations management and holder of the Steven A. Denning professorship in technology and management.
Undergraduate students voted Arn Rubinoff, an instructor of business law, with the Professor of the Year Award.
Students honors presented at the Third Annual Undergraduate Awards Ceremony included:
- Future Leader Award – Jeffrey Christian
- Future Leader Award – Audrey Grichting
- Outstanding Leader Award – Michael Mosgrove
- Outstanding Leader Award – Mathias Rost
- Professional Excellence Award – Jo Jo Bai
- Professional Excellence Award – Matthew Malenky
- Character & Community Service Award – Savannah Andersen
- Character & Community Service Award – Brittany Mays
- High Performance Award (Freshman) – Alexei Nikonovich-Kahn
- High Performance Award (Sophomore) – Andrew Currie
- High Performance Award (Junior) – Stephen Webber
- High Performance Award (Senior) – Samiah Iqbal
Among Full-time MBA students, Robert Kerr was voted by his peers as the Outstanding First-year Student. Second-year Full-time students selected Praveen Rajasekar as their Outstanding classmate. Faculty members voted Laura Gibson as the Outstanding Second-year Full-time MBA Student.
Evening MBA students voted Andy Nguyen as their Outstanding classmate, while faculty members selected Rachel Applewhite as Outstanding Evening MBA Student.
Students in the Korea Institute for Advancement of Technology (KIAT), a one-year master's program for visiting South Korean students, voted Seongsu Kim as their Outstanding classmate. Faculty selected Ickchan Lee as Outstanding KIA Student. Jeongsik "Jay" Lee, assistant professor of strategic management, won Outstanding KIAT Professor.