Georgia Tech considers you an international applicant if you are neither a U.S. citizen nor a U.S. permanent resident, regardless of where in the world you live.
The admissions criteria applied in evaluating international applicants are essentially the same as those for U.S. citizens. All application materials, including transcripts and recommendations, must be submitted online and in English.
You may also be required to submit official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), translated academic transcripts, and financial documents if applying for a student visa.
We strongly encourage all international applicants to submit application materials early to expedite the admissions process.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
Applicants must submit a valid TOEFL score if:
- They are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States
- Their native language is not English
- They have not successfully completed a year of college/university level study in the United States or another country where English is the primary/official language, such as Australia or United Kingdom.
TOEFL scores are valid for two years and the mininum score requirements are:
- 100 on TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT)
- 600 on TOEFL Paper-based test (PBT)
For more information, visit the ETS official TOEFL Website
All applicants to the MBA Program must hold a U.S. bachelor's degree or equivalent to be considered for admission. A three-year degree is not equivalent to the U.S. bachelor's degree. Neither professional designations nor work experience will count toward the fourth year of study. We're unable to make exceptions to this policy.
The Georgia Tech Graduate Admissions Office does not accept any private evaluation of academic documents. Official transcripts and degree documents must be submitted at the time of application and the Georgia Tech Graduate Admissions Office will evaluate them.
The Georgia Tech Graduate Admissions Office requires the following documents from international applicants:
- Official Native Language Transcripts
- Official English Translation of the Native Language Transcript
- Official Native Language Degree Documents
- Official English Translation of the Native Language Degree Documents
Are there any education prerequisites to the MBA Program?
Yes, a Bachelor's degree and a college-level calculus course with a grade of "C" or better.
Is work experience required for acceptance?
While we do not require it, we strongly recommend at least two to three years of professional work experience.
How are applicants evaluated?
The admissions committee evaluates GMAT or GRE scores, work experience, letters of recommendation, previous academic success, essays and interview responses to make an admission decision.