The John R. Battle Award for Student Excellence recognizes the most outstanding Business senior. The recipient has a high cumulative scholastic average, holds leadership roles in the campus and has a history of involvement and service to Georgia Tech and the community.
The recipient receives a certificate and check for $5,000.
Deadline: February 10, 2014 at 4 p.m.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A current Georgia Tech undergraduate College of Business student
- Any business concentration
- 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA
- Senior (90+ earned credit hours including AP, IB and transfer credit) at time of application process.
- Holds leadership roles on campus
- Excellent history of involvement and service to Georgia Tech and the community
There are two steps to apply:
- Complete and submit the scholarship application form below by 4 p.m. on Monday, February 10, 2014.
- Submit the following two documents via email to by 4 p.m. on Monday, February 10, 2014. Please name all your documents with your first and last name. For instance, your resume would be “John Doe Resume”; your personal statement would be “John Doe Statement.”
- a resume detailing extracurricular activities, leadership and work experience
- a personal statement not exceeding 500 words describing your academic achievements, leadership contributions to Georgia Tech and the community, and work experience during your undergraduate career at Georgia Tech.