The Dean's and Faculty Merit Scholarship and annual four year scholarships that are only awarded to incoming freshmen when they are high school seniors.
Requirements for Retaining The Dean's Scholarship and the Faculty Merit Scholarship:
- Remain a Business Administration major. If a student leaves the Business Administration major, he or she is no longer eligible to receive a Scheller College of Business scholarship.
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA in the freshman year and a 3.2 cumulative GPA in the sophomore, junior and senior years.
- Complete at least two courses of the BSBA core business curriculum in the freshman year.
- Complete at least four courses of the BSBA core business curriculum in the sophomore year.
- Complete at least four courses of the BSBA core business curriculum in the junior year.
- Participate in required Dean’s Scholarships and Faculty Merit Scholarship events, which will be limited to three to four per year and mainly focus on meeting the Dean, meeting with the donor of the scholarship and assisting at Dean’s Scholarship and Faculty Merit Scholarship recruitment events.
- Write a brief letter to the scholarship donor once per year updating the donor on your academic progress, involvement and successes at Tech.
Freshman, sophomore, junior and senior standing is based on hours earned at GT. AP, IB, & Transfer credit hours are excluded.
- The Dean’s Scholarship and the Faculty Merit Scholarship are awarded for a maximum of eight Georgia Tech undergraduate semesters. Students can attend additional undergraduate semesters, but they are only eligible to receive the Dean’s Scholarship and Faculty Merit Scholarship for eight semesters.
- Students have fifteen undergraduate semesters, or five calendar years from first enrolling at Georgia Tech to use their funding.
- If a student withdrawals or is disenrolled from Georgia Tech and is later readmitted, the Dean’s Scholarship and Faculty Merit Scholarship will not be renewed except if authorized in advance by the Dean’s Scholarship or the and Faculty Merit Scholarship program.
- The Dean’s Scholarship and Faculty Merit Scholarship are subject to all GT Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid policies and regulations.
- Dean’s Scholarships and Faculty Merit Scholarships may be adjusted based on other Georgia Tech scholarships received. In addition to this award, you are eligible to receive other financial assistance. Should the total of your financial assistance exceed the estimated total cost of attendance, the Dean’s Scholarship and and Faculty Merit Scholarship will be limited accordingly.
- Dean’s Scholars and Faculty Merit Scholars are expected to abide by the Academic Honor Code. The scholarship may be withdrawn for conduct unbecoming of a Dean’s Scholar or a Faculty Merit Scholar.
- During a semester in which the student studies abroad, the cost of attendance (COA) for that term will be the lesser of the COA to attend the Atlanta campus or the COA to study overseas.