Technology affects every aspect of business today. To stay ahead of the curve—and the competition—you need an advantage. That’s exactly what our Management of Technology MBA Program (MBA–MOT) provides. This specialized program teaches you to forecast trends, embrace emerging technologies, and manage innovation and organizational change.
The program starts with EMBA's core MBA coursework, then transitions to a specialized curriculum for the remaining 17 months and focuses on emerging technologies, change management, technology forecasting, and analysis of global environments.
As a member of a select team, you'll choose an emerging technology and complete a full business plan that demonstrates the process of taking a technology-driven product or service to market. This comprehensive and integrative experience concludes with a MOT business plan competition.
During a two week international residency, you’ll examine the cultural, legal, and economic aspects of each location you visit, gaining deeper, firsthand knowledge of international business practices and cultures. Ultimately, you’ll gain an understanding of the country’s economy and how to effectively conduct business in an international setting.
Past International Residencies Focuses:
- Information technology challenges in a changing world
- Technology development and innovation
- Competitive strategies of global companies
- Foreign investment and trade relations
- International supply chain development
- Understanding the challenges and opportunities in emerging markets
- Sustainable development
- Key challenges facing the logistics industry
- Strategies for targeting local markets with new technological products and services
- Challenges that emerge at the intersection of traditional values and modern trends
Previous International Residencies:
International Residency Executive Partners:
- Kia Motors
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- LG Electronics
Optional Silicon Valley Technology & Innovation Residency
During this optional two-day trip, MBA–MOT students will visit leading corporations and innovative start-ups to meet with top executives and discuss market and value propositions, technological innovation, entrepreneurship, and the challenges of raising capital and securing customers. Insights gained during the trip benefit the students' capstone project.
Previous Silicon Valley Partners:
- Aptus Endosystems
- AT&T Foundry
- Cisco R&D
- Motiv Power
- SAP Labs